Happy Juneteenth Detroit! If you are looking for ways to celebrate the culture this weekend look no further, all weekend long there will be festivities taking place all over Metro Detroit. No matter where you are, there’s a celebration nearby. From educational exhibits to festivals with Black-owned businesses. The following events are taking place between Friday June 17 and Sunday June 19th:
- Juneteenth Rhythm & Art Block Party (Eastern Market Brewing Co), Friday 6-10 p.m.
- Juneteenth Jubilee Freedom Weekend (Charles H. Wright Museum), Saturday & Sunday:
- Juneteenth Jubilee Stroll (Livernois Avenue of Fashion), Saturday 12-6 p.m.
- Health & Fun Day Event from 11am-3pm in Highland Park w/ Angie Starr
- Juneteenth Mix and Mingle w/ Angie Starr Friday June 17 5pm-10pm
- Madison Heights Juneteenth Celebration (Civic Center Park), Saturday 12-6 p.m.
- Juneteenth Street Festival (Downtown Pontiac), Saturday 1-5 p.m
- Juneteenth Freedom Fest (Shed 5 Eastern Market), Sunday 12-6 p.m.
- Dearborn Heights Juneteenth Festival (Richard A. Young Recreation Center), Sunday 1-4 p.m.
These are just a few of the events taking place this weekend all over the city. There will be celebrations all weekend long so, follow Kiss FM Detroit on Facebook and Instagram for more information or log onto Eventbrite for more events. As always be safe and enjoy Detroit.