As football fans all around metro Detroit prepare for the Lions season/home opener against the San Francisco 49ers, there will be some new rules and regulations that are taking place this season due to Covid-19. These rules are as follows:
1. No cash inside Ford Field. Ford Field went cashless for the new season. This means you must pay with either a credit card or mobile pay such as Apple Pay, Google Pay etc. The stadium now has multiple self-service kiosks and touchless concession throughout the stadium. According to Lions staff and facility, if you are worried about your phone working in the building, fear not, it will work in the stadium.
2. Parking. As far as parking in or near the stadium, you can now purchase a parking spot now and reserve your spot today before you heading to the game. As of Wednesday morning, the closest parking spot will cost you about $105. Prices get cheaper the further you park from the stadium with prices as low as $15. There will be no QLine as it has been shut down since March 2020 because of the pandemic, but it could be up and running by the end of the month.
3. Bag Policy. The Lions and the NFL implemented a bag policy back in 2015 that allows certain items into games. Bags that enter the building must be be clear, vinyl, or PVC and no larger than 12″x6″x12″. Example a one-gallon freezer. Diaper bags are not allowed, you will be turned away at the gate. Items that are allowed in the facility are as follows:
- Small radios with a earpiece/headphones
- Small umbrellas that fit under the seat
- Handheld posters and signs without poles – it can’t block someone’s view
- Battery operated clothing or signs – must pass inspection
- Football helmets. Altered helmets, hats or clothing with spikes or weapons can’t be brought in
Items that are Not permitted in the stadium are as follows:
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace, pepper spray, etc.)
- Animals (except certified service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Balloons (air or helium)
- Balls (beach balls, footballs, etc.)
- Banners or large flags
- Cameras with lenses longer than five inches or any detachable lens
- Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter
- Drones and/or remote controlled aircraft
- Electronic equipment including laptop computers, video recorders, tripods and wearable video cameras including Go Pros.
- Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles, boxes, flasks, etc.)
- Handouts, items or goods intended for unauthorized sale, promotion, exchange or giveaway
- Illegal substances
- Knives, pocket knives, box cutters, scissors, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles (sticks, poles, bats, clubs, Frisbees, etc.)
- Offensive or profane messages or images on signs and clothing that are distasteful or indecent
- Seat cushions or chairs
- Selfie sticks
- Strollers and infant car seats or carriers
- Umbrellas (large size)
- Wrapped gifts
Please keep these things in mind while attending all Lions home games this season. Go Lions!