How would you like to get paid to browse the web for fun? Opera has announced they are offering a $9,000 payday for a two week “Personal Browser” — no joke!
As a “Personal Browser” you’re required to browse the web and talk about the fun and the weird stuff you come across. In return, Opera will pay you for two weeks of something you’d otherwise do for fun and you can do it from anywhere in the world!
- You love the web
- You know what a browser is
- You talk to yourself, a lot
- You have a computer and a stable internet connection
- You speak fluent English
- You are at least 18 years old
The two-week browsing period will begin in winter 2020/2021. Aside from getting paid, Opera also promises to contribute to your world wide fame via its social media channels.
Here’s what you need to do to apply:
- Prepare a short video (15-60 seconds) where you talk about the most relevant browsing moment of your life. It can be anything from a funny incident to a dead serious revelation – it’s totally up to you.
- Upload your video to either Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or YouTube under #operapersonalbrowser. Remember to change your privacy settings to public!
- Share the link to your video and your social media handles to personal-browser[at]opera.com before Friday, November 13th.
This is the first phase of the application process. After applicants have been selected, they will be contacted with more details about the project and next steps.
Get more information and apply for the position HERE.
*Note: This is not an employment opportunity. One winner will be selected and asked to perform two weeks of browsing only as an independent contractor of one of Opera’s partners, not an employee of Opera. Payment is contingent upon execution of a mutually agreeable independent contractor agreement between the candidate and the partner. Void where prohibited.